xinput1_3.dll Missing Windows 8
This file is a critical component of Microsoft DirectX. Here you’ll get the solutions to fix xinput1_3.dll missing in Windows 8. First scan for Registry errors that become the reason for errors such as xinput1_3.dll. Downlod the repair tool given below:
- Re-download Microsoft DirectX
- Manually Re-download the DLL File
- Un-register and Re-register the DLL File
- Fix All Registry Entries
- Restore the System
Re-download Microsoft DirectX
As the program files belonging to Microsoft DirectX are corrupt, you need to re-download and reinstall it again. Uninstall and reinstall it as follows:
- Right click the bottom corner of your desktop screen.
- From the context menu select “Control Panel” option.
- Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
- Select “Microsoft DirectX” from the list of installed programs.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Follow the wizard and reboot.
- Download a fresh setup from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Double click the downloaded file and run the installer.
Manually Re-download the DLL File
The DLL file that shows xinput1_3.dll Windows 8 error must be corrupt. Download the file manually and save it in the appropriate directory. The file download source and destination folder are given here.
- Download xinput1_3.dll from Web zip-file
- Extract the zip file content. Locate the DLL file we’re concerned about.
- Copy it to the following location:
Note: If you’re prompted to replace the original file, please do confirm.
Un-register and Reregister the DLL File
The file needs to be registered again. Several entries belonging to the file are present in the Registry. Incorrect changes are the reason behind your Windows 8 problem.
- Click the Start button, type “Command Prompt” in the Search box.
- Press ENTER.
- Type following commands-
regsvr32 -u xinput1_3.dll
- Reboot your machine.
Fix All Registry Entries
Windows Registry is a huge and complex database. Registration entries of DLL files are located in it.
Scan and fix all Registry entries. You’ll find a couple of errors which is the main reason behind xinput1_3.dll missing / xinput1_3.dll Windows 8.
- Download RegInOut System Utilities.
- Install and run the program. Start full scan and fix all errors displayed.
Restore the System
System Restore can diagnose your issue. It makes it possible to restore your machine to an earlier point of time. In this way, any harmful settings made to Windows 8 are rolled back to the recent safest point available.
- Click the Start button.
- Type “System Restore” in the Search box.
- Click the Apps button.
- Click the Next button, select a recent restore point and finalise. A system reboot is must.
Compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista and Windows XP