Troubleshoot Windows Error Code 0x80070424
Windows Firewall doesn’t work. It is perhaps disabled. When you open Windows Firewall, you receive Error Code 0x80070424. It’s basically a Registry problem. It is seen mostly because of Registry corruption. This article might be of help to troubleshoot this error message.
- Manually Start Windows Firewall Service
- Repair Registry Corruption
- Start Associated Services
- Disable Firewall
Manually Start Windows Firewall Service
Like other services running on your computer, Windows Firewall service is displayed in the “Services” program. Manually start this service to fix Error Code 0x80070424.
- Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | Run.
- Run dialog shall open.
- Type “SERVICES.MSC” and click OK.
- Services program shall open.
- Scroll down, right click the “Windows Firewall” service and select “Properties”.
- Under “Startup Type” drop down box select “Automatic” option.
- Click the “Start” button below the “Service Status” label.
- Click Apply | OK.
Repair Registry Corruption
It is the second most important thing- scanning and deleting corrupt Registry entries. Your Registry could contain numerous entries with invalid file references, unsupported characters and wrong data. These perhaps lead Error Code 0x80070424.
- Download a System Utilities Program-> RegInOut.
- Install this program and run it with its desktop shortcut.
- Click the “Registry Cleaner” section on the left.
- Click the “Start Scan” button.
- The scan process shall take place. Please be patient.
- Click “Fix Errors” button once the scan report appears.
- Reboot Windows.
Start Associated Services
Make a new Batch file with name Repair.bat. We’ll use it to execute commands to start associated services and fix Error Code 0x80070424.
- Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | Notepad.
- Type the following text exactly as given below: (Copy-Paste)
sc config FwcAgent start= auto
sc config BFE start= auto
sc config KeyIso start= auto
sc config MpsSvc start= auto
net stop FwcAgent
net stop BFE
net stop KeyIso
net stop MpsSvc
net start BFE
net start KeyIso
net start FwcAgent
net start EapHostnet
net start MpsSvc
net start DcaSvcnet
net start dot3svc
net start IKEEXT
net start Wlansvc
net start MpsSvc
net start PolicyAgent
- Click File | Save.
- Type “Repair.bat” in the File Name textbox.
- Select “All Files” in the File Types drop down box.
- Select “Desktop” as file location.
- Click the Save button.
- Close the file and double click this newly created Batch file.
Your Firewall could be preventing certain operations. Fix Error Code 0x80070424 and disable Windows Firewall as shown below:
- Click Start | Control Panel.
- Click System and Security | Windows Firewall.
- Click the “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off” link on the left hand side panel.
- Turn it off from the Home and Public Network categories.
- Click OK.
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes