Below are some helpful steps for users to fix error code 0x80004005.
Error code 0x80004005 can be fixed by re-registering service. Follow the instructions given below to re-register the service.
- Open Start | Type in “Command Prompt” in Search box without quotes
- Right-click on Command Prompt to run as Administrator
- In Command prompt GOTO following location Windows 32-bit: cd C:\windows\System32
- Type in following commands regsvr 32 jscript.dll | Enter
- Quit from Command Prompt and insert Windows Product Activation key
Windows 64-bit: cd C:\windows\sysWPA64
regsvr 32 vbscript.dll | Enter
Run System File Checker
System File Checker is Windows built-in utility to scan and repair internal files. Follow the instructions given below to run system file checker on your system.
- Open Start and type “Run” in Search Box
- Type in “sfc /scanNow” in Run and press Enter
- System file checker would scan and fix internal system file errors.
Uninstall Recent Update
If you have recently updated any application or operating system, roll-back to earlier version straight away. It could also be due to newly installed software application, uninstall any update or software you installed recently. Follow the instructions given below to uninstall recent update.
- Open Start | Select Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program under Programs
- Click on Recently Installed Programs
- Now uninstall it and try activating your product
Disable Security Programs
Error code 0x80004005 may occur due to conflict between operating system and your security programs such as Antivirus and Firewall. Temporarily disable both programs to see if you could activate your product. Follow the instructions given below to disable your security programs.
- Right-click on Security Program’s icon on taskbar
- Select Disable uninstall Restart
- Open Start and Type in Windows Firewall in Search Box
- Now right-click on Windows Firewall to run as Administrator
- In Windows Firewall click on Firewall Settings in left pane
- In Settings click on Turn Off Firewall (not recommended)
- Close the Windows and Try activating your product
Repair Windows Registry
Windows Registry is fundamental component of operating system that stores all settings related to installed applications. Error code 0x80004005 can be fixed by repairing Windows Registry. Follow the instructions given below to repair Windows Registry.
- Download and Install some system utility software such as RegInOut
- Click on Registry Scanner from main interface of the product
- Click on Scan System and Fix Errors
- Close RegInOut editor