Remove Contenko Hijacker
Is your computer infected by Contenko Hijacker? Are you curious as how to fix this problem? This article outlines step by step instructions to remove this browser hijacker.
Contenko Hijacker extension makes your web browser vulnerable to security risks. Disable it from different web browsers:
Click Wrench | Tools | Extensions.
Click Firefox button and then Add-Ons.
Delete Malicious Page from Startup Pages
Startup Pages is a list of web pages that load every time a web browser is opened. Check for the entry of Contenko Hijacker in the startup pages and delete it.
- Click the Wrench icon.
- Select Settings.
- You'll see a heading called "On Startup".
- Select "Open a specific page or set of pages" option.
- Click "Set pages".
- Click the Delete (X) icon next to the page entry of Contenko Hijacker.
- Click OK and restart your browser.
- Press Alt key to show the menu bar.
- Click Tools menu, select Options.
- Click the General tab.
- Delete the existing value of "Home Page" textbox.
- Select "Show a blank page" from"When Firefox starts" drop down box.
- Click OK button and restart the browser.
Clean-Out the Registry
This is a very essential task. In order to remove Contenko Hijacker clean-out malicious entries from the Registry.
- Download RegInOut Registry Cleaner..
- Start full Registry scan.
- Fix all malicious entries detected.
- Reboot your machine.
Delete Integrated Malicious Search Engine
A Search Engine entry can be found in your web browser. Delete it to remove Contenko Hijacker.
- Click Wrench | Settings.
- In the Search category, select "Google" as the default Search Engine.
- Click "Manage Search Engines" button.
- You'll get list of all Search Engines integrated within web browsers.
- Click Delete (X) icon next to hijacker search engine entry. You'll find it in "Other Search Engines" category.
- Click Done button and restart the browser.
- Type "about:config" in the Address Bar.
- Press ENTER.
- Please confirm it when you're asked to do so.
- Search for "Contenko" entry in the listbox.
- Right click it, select "Reset" only entries containing browser.newtab and browser.search.
Delete Temporary Folder Contents
Empty the temporary folders. They may contain malicious files and contents. Following is the list of temporary folders:
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download File Size:2.04MB
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes