iTunes Slow in PC
iTunes runs slow during editing and syncing. A spinning cursor appears every time you edit the tags. Same thing happens while syncing music with iTouch and iPod. Copying music from computer to iPod takes more time than usual. This article will outline tips and tweaks to fix iTunes slow speed issue.
- Upgrade iTunes
- Turn Home Sharing Off
- Change Process Priority
- Optimize Services
- Defrag Disk
Step-by-Step Guide for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, 7 & Vista
It is important that you carry out these steps in order to fix the problem effectively:
You may have older version of iTunes installed. Upgrade iTunes as shown below:
- Open iTunes.
- Click the Help icon at the top towards the middle.
- Select Check for Updates.
- The upgrade process shall start.
Turn Home Sharing Off
Home Sharing feature sometimes causes iTunes to run slow. Turn this feature off to fix your problem.
- Click the Advanced menu.
- Select Turn On/ Off Home Sharing option. The checkbox shall disappear.
Change Process Priority
Set the Process Priority to its high for iTunes application. This shall fix iTunes slow speed.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys simultaneously.
- Select Start Task Manager.
- Under Processes tab, right click iTunes.exe process. (The actual process name may vary depending on your version)
- Select Set Priority | High.
Usually lots of programs and services are running behind the screen. This increases CPU usage and iTunes gets slower. Optimize hidden services to speed up iTunes.
- Download RegInOut Services Optimizer. Install and run it.
- Click Optimize Services button.
- Select a new profile and click Apply.
Disk defragmentation is also essential. Defragmentation will ensure all files on your hard disk are stored in a continuous manner. Defrag disk as below:
- Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Defragmenter.
- Select all disk drives.
- Click Defragment Disks button.
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes