Fix Windows 8 Freezing
Windows freezing problem hinders system users to perform any task with the peace of mind. Since the latest Windows version Windows 8 is launched, it has been struggling with freezing problem as well.
Some tested solutions are given below to resolve Windows 8 lagging problem.
- Upgrade system with the required specifications
- Check some pre-requisites
- Enable Hyper-V
- Adjust PC settings
- Update drivers and video card
- Verify system files
- Close unnecessary programs
- Scan your system for viruses
- Fix Registry errors
- Restore system
Upgrade system with the required specifications
Out-of-date system specifications are one big cause of Windows 8 freezing. The only way to resolve this problem is upgrading PC hardware. Following specifications are best to run Windows 8 smoothly and fastly.
Processor:1GHz or advanced
RAM:1 GB minimum and 2GB maximum
Disk Drive Space:16 GB minimum and 20 GB maximum
Graphic Card:Microsoft DirectX 9 graphic device with WDDM driver
Check some pre-requisites
- To use touch screen feature you are required to have tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch function.
- You need an active internet connection and screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 to access Windows Store to run apps.
- You are required to have screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768 to snap apps.
- You are required to have a graphic card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for some games to run them with optimal performance.
- You are required to have a Microsoft account for some features.
- You are required to have separate playback software to watch DVDs.
- Client Hyper-V demands a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) compatibility and additional 2 GB of RAM.
- You are required to have a TV tuner to play and record live TV in Windows Media Center.
Enabling Hyper-V boosts the hardware performance and utilizes it at its best. The users can manage more computer tasks with low virtual memory. Follow the steps given below to enable Hyper-V:
- Go to Control Panel and click Programs
- Press Programs and Features
- Press Turn Windows Features On or Off
- Check Hyper-V box | Ok | Close
Adjust PC Settings
Every PC is setup differently, therefore, each PC pertains its own settings. You are required to adjust PC settings to fix windows 8 freezing problem. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
- Go to Desktop
- Click Library shortcut in the Taskbar
- Press right-click on Computer and select Properties
- System Control Panel will come-up
- Click Advanced System Settings in the left pane
- System Properties Control Panel will come-up
- Click Advanced Tab and Settings button
- Performance Option Control Panel will come-up
- Go into Visual Effects Tab and check “Adjust for Best Performance”
- Click Apply | OK
Update drivers and video card driver
Out-of-date drivers and video card is one big reason of Windows 8 lagging. List your system drivers and check your system’s video card. Search the latest drivers and video card driver over the internet and install them. This tweak will resolve Windows 8 application freezing.
Verify system files
Sometimes Windows Operating system files become corrupt. This situation can lead you to Windows 8 slowdown. Follow the steps given below to check it:
- Press Windows key or go to Start Screen
- Enter CMD
- Right click the command prompt and run as Administrator
- Accpt UAC prompt
- Enter sfc/scannow and wait for the results
Close unnecessary programs
The more programs you run the more Windows lags. Always open necessary programs because un-necessary programs eat memory. Closing unwanted applications/programs can resolve Windows 8 lagging problem.
Scan your system for viruses
Windows 8 freezing problem would not necessarily occur because of viruses, but in some extent virus attack might have been one of the potent causes behind it. It is recommended that users must scan their system for viruses. It can provide relief to them.
Fix Registry errors
Windows Registry is foundation to run Windows properly. Sometimes, Windows registry becomes corrupt, outdated or fragmented. You are required to fix Windows Registry errors which require System Utility software utility such as RegInOut. Follow the steps given below to download Registry Cleaner software:
- Download RegInOut
- Install the software and then press its icon on desktop
- Press Start Scan button and then press Fix Errors button
- Reboot your system after fixing all errors
- Your problem is resolved!
System restore is used to reinstate your system to a previous point where it was stable. It resolves the issues with software and system updates. Follow the steps given below to restore your system in Windows 8:
- Go to Control Panel and select System Settings
- Select Advanced System Settings from left pane
- You may see System Properties tab | press “What is System Protection”
- Now check Turn on System Protection and then press Ok
- Create a restore point by clicking Create button
- Type description of your restore point
- Your system restore has been created
- Now reboot your system
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes