Error code 7
Error code 7 shows up to your monitor screen when Windows setup text-mode hangs. Mostly this error occurs because of incorrect BIOS configuration or due to faulty RAM. Users receives following error message:
"The file 1386\Ntknlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7."
"The file 1386\L_intl.nlf could not be loaded. The error code is 7."
It's very simple to troubleshoot this error. The article will give you complete solutions to resolve this annoying error. Follow the below mentioned solution steps to fix it.
- Check system requirements
- Remove faulty RAM
- Disable ACPI
- Use Last Known Good Configuration
- Scan your system for viruses
Check system requirements:
Error code 7 might be occurring because of unmatched system specification that your computer possesses.
The most essential step before Microsoft Windows installation or any other application installation is checking required system specifications. So, do check your system specifications and match them with the required specs for Windows you are going to install. You can easily Google your Windows version and can get required system specification.
Remove faulty RAM:
Error code 7 also occurs because of faulty RAM. In this situation, you need to check each memory module installed in your computer. Removing all memory modules and then reinstating them one by one can give you an accurate picture about the faulty one.
Most of the time this error occurs due to ACPI. So,disabling ACPI can resolve error code 7. Follow the below mentioned steps to do so:
- Start your system
- Go to your system BIOS settings
- Open Power Management Setup menu
- Find ACPI and select No to ACPI Aware Operating System
- Now Exit the BIOS and start your installation
- Hopefully this will resolve the issue
Use last known good configuration:
Error code 7 might be occurring because you have changed system configuration settings or there might be a problem raised in system configuration. In this case, you need to use last known good configuration.
Follow the below mentioned procedure to do so:
- Click Start
- Click the arrow near to Shutdown button and click Restart
- Press F8 key repeatedly when your computer starts the restarts process
- You will see an Advanced Boot Options Screen
- Select Use Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced) by using up and down arrow key
- Press Enter and you have done!
Scan your system for viruses:
Error code 7 might be occurring because of virus infection. Viruses can affect computer functions. Therefore, first, you need to update your antivirus program and then scan your system for viruses. Cleaning your system from viruses can resolve the issue.
Contact your system manufacturer:
Sometime it is noticed that the problem is not resolved. If above mentioned solutions are not functional , you need to contact your system manufacturer to resolve error code 7.
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes