Error Code 2 Troubleshooting in PC
Windows error code 2 appears during language packs installation. Following is the error description that comes with the error:
Error Code 2: "System cannot find specified file"
If you're receiving error code 2 you have come at the right place. We'll provide you simple instructions to fix this problem.
- Uninstall KB2533623
- Check for System Files Issues
- Disable your Antivirus
- Delete Junk Registry Entries
- Change Installation Folder
In many cases the user has installed KB2533623 update 2. This is a problematic update since in many cases it leads to error code 2. Simply uninstalling the update would fix your problem.
- Click Start | Control Panel.
- Click Programs | View Installed Updates (Under Programs and Features category).
- You'll get a list of all installed updates. Right click the KB2533623 update and select Uninstall option.
- Follow the wizard your own.
- Restart your machine.
Check for System Files Issues
Problematic system files also cause Windows error 2. Some of your operating system files are either corrupt or deleted. Check for system files issues with System File Checker and fix your problem.
- Insert Windows Operating System installation disc.
- Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories.
- Right click Command Prompt, select Run as Administrator.
- Type following command- SFC /SCANNOW
- Press ENTER.
Disable your Antivirus
Error code 2 appears when your antivirus causes conflicts with the active installations. Hence disable your antivirus program temporarily.
- Right click antivirus program icon under the Notification Area.
- Select Real-Time Protection | Disable until next reboot.
Delete Junk Registry Entries
Junk Registry entries, invalid references, wrong data results in error code 2. Delete junk entries from your Windows Registry. Follow these guidelines:
- Download RegInOut Registry Repair.
- Scan your Registry entries.
- Repair all errors.
Change Installation Folder
In case you're receiving error 2 during installation of specific programs, please do change the installation directory. The setup program may not have administrative permissions to install the program in specified folder. Click the Custom Installation link during installation confirmation page and do select different drive and folder for installation. It shall fix error code 2 on Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP operating systems.
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes