FIX Error 1327 Invalid Drive for Windows 7/8, Vista and XP
On various internet forums, a common complaint was found regarding error 1327. A lot of users were getting error code 1327. Here are given the steps you need to take in order to fix this error.
The simple and quick resolutions to repair 1327 error are outlined below:
- Enter Valid Path of My Documents in your Registry
- Make Required Changes
- Restore the Original Drive Letter
- Temporarily Map a Folder to the Drive Letter
Enter Valid Path of My Documents in your Registry
Error 1327 invalid drive occurs when the setup program founds invalid path of My Documents folder in your registry. Enter the valid path by performing the steps given below:
- Click Start, select Documents.
- My Documents window will open.
- Right click a blank area, and select Properties option.
- Under Library tab, in Library Locations, the original directory of My Documents folder will appear. For example, in my case its: E:\My Documents.
- Note down the correct directory somewhere else.
- Click Close.
Enter the correct path in your registry:
- Click Start, select Run.
- Type RegEdit command, and press ENTER.
- Browse the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
- On the right hand side panel, double click the My Documents string.
- Delete the existing path and enter the correct path that you noted down above.
- Click OK and close Registry Editor.
Make Required Registry Changes
A popular way to fix Windows error 1327 invalid drive is let a registry cleaner tool make required registry changes. Download a Registry Cleaner tool from here, and start a full registry scan. Make the required changes as per the scan results.
Restore the Original Drive Letter
Error 1327 can appear when the drive letter of the system partition is changed. For example, a user having system drive letter C, changed it to Y. In such case, restore the original drive letter in order to fix error 1327. Here are the steps to do so:
- Click Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click System and Security | Administrative Tools.
- Double click Computer Management.
- Expand Storage section, and click Disk Management.
- Right click your system drive, or the drive you selected for installation. Select Change Drive Letter and Paths option.
- Select the existing drive letter, and click the Change button.
- Select the option Assign the following drive letter, and select the original drive letter form the drop down box located next to it. For example, C.
- Click OK | OK.
- Restart your computer, and re-run the setup program.
Temporarily Map a Folder to the Drive Letter
Another fix to solve error 1327 invalid drive is temporarily mapping a folder to the drive letter. Here are the required instructions:
- Click Start | All Programs | Accessories.
- Right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator option.
- Type the following commands: Subst X: "C:\Windows" Exit
Note: In the above step, replace X with the drive letter of your program installation.
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes