Fix Error 103
Following are the methods to fix Error 103 in Windows 7/8, Vista and XP besides the automatic fix tool given here:
Turn Files Sharing Off for your System Drive
Have you provided the right to other users to access your files in the system drive? If you have enabled the Network File and Folder Sharing, disable it to fix Windows error 103.
- Open My Computer.
- Right click the system drive, usually drive C.
- Select Properties option.
- Click Sharing tab
- Click Advanced Sharing button.
- Uncheck the box Share this folder and click Apply | OK | Close.
Recover Registry Damage
Registry is an integral part of Windows operating system. Registry may get corrupt by various reasons including programming bugs, failed installations, etc. This ultimately results in error code 103. Download a Genuine Registry Cleaner.
Provide Administrative Permissions to the Installation Directory
Lack of proper administrative permissions to access, copy or modify the files in the installation directory may result in error 103. Provide the adequate administrative permissions to fix the problem.
- Open My Computer.
- Open C:\Program Files.
- Right click the folder that you choose to install the program.
- Select Properties.
- Click Security tab.
- Provide full access to the installation folder. Then click Apply | OK.
Turn Windows Firewall Off
Firewall conflicts may be showing error 103. Turn your firewall program off to troubleshoot the problem.
- Click Start.
- Type Windows Firewall in the Search box and press ENTER.
- Click Action menu, and then Properties option.
- Turn Firewall off from the Domain Profile, Private Profile and Public Profile tabs.
- Click Apply | OK.
Reset Modem/ Router and try HTTPS instead of HTTP in URLs
By resetting your modem/ router, and trying HTTPS instead of HTTP in the Internet Explorer Address Bar, error 103 problem will get solved. Try these little solutions. Here is the Best Error 103 Repairing Tool:
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes