How to Fix Dell Error 0146
What Causes Dell Error 0146?
This error is often caused by issues in your HDD and Windows Registry. To avoid entire system corruption it is recommended that you immediately fix error code 0146.
Common Symptoms & Associated Problems
Symptoms and problems of 0146 error include: Problem in running Windows programs and services, slow PC performance, system freezes and crashes.
Repair Difficulty - Easy
It is easy to repair Dell error 0146. Simply download the Intel Software Partner tool Reginout from the link given below to conduct repair scan in your PC. Follow the download instructions, install and run scan.
Critical Risk Rating
Dell Error 0146?
- Bar: Low
- Bars: Medium
- Bars: Medium/High
- Bars: High
- Bars: Urgent
Download & Repair Now
Testing RegInOut with famous PC Benchmark software shows significant improvement in PC functionality.
Show Test Results
Dell Error Code 0146
Dell desktop/ laptop users experience Dell Error Code 0146. This article provides step-by-step information needed to fix this problem. Follow all the steps given below in the given sequence until your problem is completely fixed.
- Check HDD for Errors
- Run the Built-In Diagnostics
- Reset System Setup
- Repair Registry Settings
- Restore your System
Check HDD for Errors
Failing Hard Disk Drive is the first possibility. Bad sectors and failure to load disk data may cause Dell Error Code 0146. Use the Disk CheckUp utility to check HDD for errors.
- Double click My Computer desktop shortcut.
- Right click your system drive. (Most probably, drive C:\)
- Select Properties.
- In the new dialog click Tools tab.
- Click the Check Disk button.
Run the Built-In-Diagnostics
Dell desktop/ laptop comes with a built-in diagnostics program called as PSA Diagnostics. It lets you fix Error 0146.
- Restart your computer.
- Press F12 key repeatedly when the Dell logo appears. (For some computers, 0 (Zero) key is assigned)
- One Time Boot Menu appears.
- Press the Down Arrow of your keyboard to highlight "PSA Diagnostics" option.
- Press ENTER.
- The PSA shall begin.
- Specify Error Code 0146 and follow the on screen instructions.
Reset System Setup
System Setup is another name of BIOS. You might need to verify the BIOS settings in order to fix Dell error 0146. If you're an average user, it's time to simply reset the system setup.
- Restart your system.
- Press F2 key repeatedly.
- System Setup screen shall appear.
- Press the Right Arrow of your keyboard until Exit menu is highlighted.
- Press the Down Arrow and select "Load Optimized Defaults" option.
- Press ENTER
Repair Registry Settings
The most important reason behind Error Code 0146 is Registry corruption. Deal with the bad entries detected in the Registry.
- Download RegInOut Registry Cleaner.
- Start full scan. It takes about a minute or two.
- Repair all errors detected.
Restore your System
System Restore helps recovering reversible damage such as system settings and PC configurations. Use System Restore to fix Dell error code 0146. The steps are outlined below:
- Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools.
- Select System Restore.
- Click Next. (Under Welcome Page)
- Follow the wizard your own.