Blue Screen of Death, also called the STOP Error may occur with 0x0000000a IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal shown on it. It is a serious issue which occurs when your computer is in a critical state. I am going to discuss with you the solutions that were tested on several computers before presenting here.
- Perform a Clean Boot
- Delete Junk Configurations
- Turn off Unsupported CMOS features
- Disconnect Hardware Devices
- Repair Windows Installation
Perform a Clean Boot
The Clean Boot term refers to selective startup, where one boots his operating system without loading unnecessary startup programs. It will ensure that no malfunctioning software is running at the Windows startup and thereby helps avoiding BSOD 0x0000000a IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal problem.
- Click Start | Run.
- Type MsConfig and press ENTER.
- In General tab, select Selective Startup option.
- Mark Load System Services as checked and Load Startup Items as unchecked.
- Click Apply| OK.
Delete Junk Configurations
The tasks of uninstalling an application cause junk and outdated registry entries which often lead BSOD 0x0000000a IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal issue. Deleting such junk registry configurations will fix your problem.
The secure way for deleting registry junk is to use best Registry Cleaner software. Download it and start running a full registry scan. Fix all the problems that were found in the results page.
Click Here to Download
Turn Off Unsupported CMOS Features
CMOS refers to Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor which functions to construct the integrated circuits in your computer.
As default, certain features are enabled in CMOS settings that can cause BSOD 0x0000000a IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal issue if they are not supported by your hardware configurations. Simply turn them off as shown below:
- Restart your computer.
- Press F2 or Delete key to load CMOS settings page.
- Search the menus and sub-menus and disable the following features:
- Any virus protected feature activated for your BIOS
- Plug and Play feature
- Caching for L2, BIOS and Disk Controllers
- Save the settings by pressing an appropriate key.
Disconnect Hardware Devices
For solving BSOD 0x0000000a IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal problem, disconnect hardware devices and remove all the adapters.
Turn off the computer. Disconnect all the hardware devices, for example, sound card, network adapter, internal modem, SCSI devices, IDE devices, external hard disk and CD/ DVD ROM Drive.
If the BSOD does not occur, there is any one of these devices which is not properly functioning. So connect these devices one by one and test them individually.
Repair Windows Installation
If the significant system files are moved, deleted or renamed, they may cause BSOD 0x0000000a IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal. Repairing Windows installation will fix your problem.
- Boot your computer from the Windows installation DVD ROM.
- Load the setup program.
- Click Repair my computer option when it appears.