Asus is a top notch brand when it comes to laptop manufacturers courtesy the rich slew of laptops they have introduced in the market overtime.
AsusTek Computer Inc. is a multinational company having originated from Taiwan and is primarily famous for manufacturing smartphones, laptops, notebooks, and desktops. It is among the largest firms in the business and comes fifth in the list of overall unit sales. Asus has introduced a huge array of laptops that cater to users of every strata, including the Republic of Gamers for gaming geeks. Asus laptops are renowned for best performance and have garnered rave reviews among customers.
Windows 10 was rolled out to the public on 29th July 2015 and proved to be an instant hit with the masses. After the mediocre performance of Windows 8/ 8.1, Microsoft was in big need of a huge success and they got their wish come true in the form of Windows 10. Users were quick enough to upgrade to Windows 10 and they fell in love with it right away. On the flip side, Windows 10 has also led to the adverse performance exhibited by certain computer systems. Although such complaints persisted for sometime, Microsoft quickly got to work and the bulk of these complaints gradually disappeared with the passage of time.
Asus and Windows 10
After upgrading to Windows 10, Asus laptops displayed a big amount of inconsistent behavior. Sometimes the program would open straightaway, whereas on other occasions it would take a good 7-8 minutes for booting up and loading the program the user just chose to open. Another widely reported issue was that the Asus laptops of users simply won’t upgrade to Windows 10, and won’t even reboot.
Improving Your Asus Laptop’s Efficiency
For people who are facing performance issues after upgrading their Asus laptop to Windows 10, here are a few tips that are absolutely worth trying out.
- The first and the most suitable way to keep your laptop fast and responsive is to get a system cleaner. Various kind of junk data piles on in no time and results in a painfully slow performing laptop. Use Reginout System Utilities to rid your system of any unnecessary clutter and rescue valuable resources. It also provides options to control which programs start automatically on system bootup as well as providing an option to defrag the Registry, steps which will have a huge positive impact on the system’s performance.
- Make sure that the hard drives don’t get all filled up to a dangerous level. Create hard disk partitions intelligently and then keep using Clone Files Checker on a regular basis to remove the duplicate data that might have crept up without you having any idea of it. This is a very common occurrence nowadays and must be taken stock of.
- Defragmenting the hard drives is another good idea. As you keep on accessing programs and performing your routine computing tasks, the hard drives get fragmented and the overall “response” time of the laptop slows down. Defrag the hard drives on a monthly basis to sort this issue out.
- Another hard disk specific task is checking them for errors. Error do crop up at times and hugely affect the hard disk’s performance. Scan all the hard drives for any errors to ensure they’re healthy and error free. Use the Error-checking facility in the Tools tab of a hard drive’s Properties to do so.
- Sometimes various freebie programs get installed in addition to the original program you installed. These programs are of no use to you and are an unnecessary burden on the system. Get rid of them via the Control Panel.
- One of the must have programs that you should never take for granted is a decent antivirus software. Install it, update it, activate its real time protection and forget about 99% of the threats online. (100% security can never be guaranteed as newer viruses are created with every passing day.
- Make it a habit to regularly update various drivers for hardware devices. This helps them perform to their optimal best, as well as reduces the chances of any inter-device conflicts (which do happens sometimes). Use the Device Manager to update the drivers.
- Running too many programs at a time will result in your laptop getting over heated and as a consequence, its performance will be adversely affected. Use the Task Manager to quit any unnecessary programs and reduce the burden on your laptop.
These are just a handful of steps you can perform to make the most of your Asus laptop. All you’ve got to do is keep a tab on the laptop’s health on a regular basis by performing these routine maintenance tasks and your laptop won’t cause an issue, we assure you.