Zoner Photo Studio (ZPS) is your complete, all-in-one photo-editing, archiving, publishing, and sharing solution.
It has some incredibly powerful features: printing, slideshow creation, and Web gallery tools. Other most striking features include a composition of HDR images by combining several photos in one and making 3D images using images taken from slightly different angles. You’ll have full control. And even with large image libraries, ZPS is strikingly fast.
Can You Afford to Lose Your Images?
As your catalog of photos gets bigger you may end up with multiple copies of the same photo where only small changes are present in each individual photo. Ensuring that you remove duplicates of all your photos is one of the smartest work habits that expert photographers have. Ask yourself: What images can’t I afford to lose? Now you have an answer.
The answer we’re referring to is in the form of a state-of-the-art software solution designed specifically to help you with taking care of similar AND duplicate images on your computer/ laptop. Yes, you heard it right!
PictureEcho follows Google Software Principles
Here is the procedure outlined in more detail:
- Download and install PictureEcho from the setup link provided above.
- Launch the software and click Add Path to add up the path to the target location.
- Choose a similarity level from the Similarity Setting option.
- Click Start Search to initialize the scan.
- Once the scan is over, you will notice results populate the UI of PictureEcho.
- You can either manually select the images or select an appropriate selection criterion from the Select Duplicates menu.
- The final step is choosing from the Select Action menu whether you want to permanently delete the unwanted images or move them to a specific folder.
Try Built-In Duplicate Finder
ZPS‘s built-in Find Duplicate Files is handy in that it helps you scan all dupes and remove them. Here’s how:
- Launch ZPS.
- Menu → Organize → Find Duplicate Files.
- Select Local Hard Drives. Here ZPS allows you do it in your own way (in a customized way). For example, you can search in specific folders (like Pictures, Downloads etc) as well.
- ZPS also contains the Show only files with matching names option. This way you instruct ZPS to search only identically named photos.
- Anyways, tap All Files and hit Search.
Use Backups of Original option
ZPS also gives you backups of your original photos. Beware: These photos never reveal themselves and in time they grow up and eat up all your hard disk space. Here’s how you can delete them: Tap Menu → Organize → Backups of Originals → Delete Back of Original.
If there’s no backup, ZPS disables this option. But you can delete backups from your app settings. Follow these steps:
- Tap Menu → View → Preferences → Backups.
- It shows you the size of your backup folder. Tap Delete Backups of Originals and then Yes.
Try Photo Synchronization
This process tells you about the location where you’ve saved your photos. Locations vary. Remove them and reclaim your free space.
- Tap Menu → Organize.
- Hit Synchronize Folders. Now you’ve your destination folder (C:\backup\).
- Browse it (C:\backup\) and delete all synced files using File Explorer.
Still Not Getting Results? Try a Manual Search
It’s certainly a tedious workaround. Still, if you want to do this open the image directory (where you have all your images), sort them out one-by-one and find duplicates. Here’s how:
- File Explorer → ZPS catalog folder → View → Sort by → Name → Ascending.
- Right-click any dup and hit Delete.
- Repeat this mind-numbing procedure to all your dupes.