Riders of Icarus is a free-to-play action-adventure multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that allows you to tame and ride fearsome winged beasts into explosive battles while you scorch the skies of the enemy units in thrilling combat.
It offers a fantasy adventure unlike any other of its peers with an emphasis on both ground and air mounted combat.
However, with the most recent patches, many new and former MMO players are finding it increasingly difficult to play the game without any hiccups. Today we will provide a few solutions to help deal with the issues of PC running sluggishly, frame rate drops, stutters and lags. Use RegInOut‘s Game Boost feature to make the most of your laptop’s gaming abilities.
RegInOut follows Google Software Principles
Solution 1: Meet the Minimum Requirements
One of the primary areas you need to look at in such a scenario is to check if your PC meets all the hardware and software requirements. If this isn’t the case, you should ensure you have in place (at least the minimum) system requirements. This should do away with crashes, game not launching at all, or a really chunky FPS.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista (SP2)
- Processor: IntelCore i3-2120 @ 3.3GHz / AMD A8-5500 @ 3.3GHz
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 260 (1GB) / Radeon HD 7670m (1GB)
- Hard Drive: At least 30GB
- Network: Broadband Internet
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Sound Card: 16-bit Sound Card
Solution 2: Get the Latest Drivers
If your computer either meets or exceeds the bare minimum system requirements, the next area worth taking a look is the Graphics Card driver, particularly if you’re experiencing substantial frame rate drops and finding it very difficult to play the game. Simply head over to the manufacturer’s site, download and install the driver for a seamless gaming experience.
- Visit the following URL: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button in the Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver section.
- Once the application has been downloaded, proceed to install it and momentarily the Graphics Card driver will be updated.
- Navigate to www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- Locate Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products and click the GRAPHICS DRIVERS button located underneath it.
- Download the NVIDIA Smart Scan application to your PC, install it and then update the driver by simply launching this application. (Note: You may have to install the latest version of Java for NVIDIA Smart Scan to be able to function.
Solution 3: Lower Graphic Settings
A very minimal Frames Per Second (FPS) in Riders of Icarus can be fixed by simply adjusting the graphics settings. For an effortless gaming session with better latency and smooth game play consider changing most graphics settings to low. The visual effects may be weakened, dampened, or lessened during gameplay. However, it will benefit you in the long run by allowing your computer to get better latency and result in a vastly improved gaming experience.
- Launch Riders of Icarus. Press Esc on the keyboard to bring up Settings.
- Now click the Graphics tab.
- Locate the General Graphics tab. Drag the preset bar from High to Low to potentially double or triple the FPS.
- Click Apply and Confirm to finish adjusting the Graphics settings.
Solution 4: High-Performance Settings in Nvidia Control Panel
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked out, there are still a few simple fixes in the Nvidia Control Panel that might help you pull it off. Although these tricks can certainly be applied to a computer as well, they are particularly very handy for laptop users.
- Search for Nvidia Control Panel in the start menu and open it from the Best match section.
- Under 3D Settings, click Manage 3D Settings. Now locate the Anti-aliasing – Mode feature under Global Settings.Make sure it is set to Application-controlled.
- Also, in the same spot under Global Settings, you should set the Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance.