Subnautica’s unique aquatic theme enticing the player into going into an exploratory drive on an alien planet has proven to be a firm favorite with game buffs.
This theme is quite different from the usual topics game are designed on. Also, the game’s impending release for Xbox One (September 2017) has further sent fans into an exciting frenzy about the game.
It is currently available only for Steam users. Even though most of the users have been praising it a lot, quite a sizeable number of fans are also complaining about the usual issue that plagues a huge number of games available today, lags. Let’s look at the solutions we’ve come up to help our readers get rid of this issue.
Whenever there is a question of how t0 fix game lags, you should go for a game optimizer. And here we present RegInOut, which besides being a system optimizer, also helps you with its Game Boost feature to take care of Subnautica lags.
RegInOut System Utilities is digitally signed and a safe download
Edit Manifestation Settings
This solution involves tinkering with the Registry Editor. Please note that Registry Editor is a very sensitive area of the computer and do not make any changes in it unless you’re absolutely sure about what you’re doing.
- Click the Start button.
- Type Registry Editor and press Enter.
- Now locate the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | SideBySide
- Right-click anywhere on an empty area of the screen, select New | DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter PreferExternalManifest for the DWORD Name and 1 for its Value.
- Now click OK and exit the Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer for the changes to be effective.
Use the Debug Console
Navigate to the Debug Console and make a slight change. This might help make matters a lot better.
- Enter the following command and then press Enter to execute it:
- Now press Enter + Right-click (mouse button).
- Save the changes you’ve made and exit the Debug Console.
Freshen Up the Cache
Cache content is being accessed on a continuous basis during the gameplay, for it plays a vital role in ensuring the game performs up-to-the-mark. Since the files in Cache are being accessed and over-written continuously, they sometimes go rogue and cause problems. Deleting the contents of CellsCache and CompiledOctreesCache can help in resolving the Subnautica lag issue, provided the contents of these folders have been corrupted.
- Open This PC.
- Navigate to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Subnautica\SNAppData\ SavedGames\Slot00xx\
- Rename CellsCache sub-folder as CellsCache_OLD and CompiledOctreesCache as CompiledOctreesCache_OLD.
Note: Do not delete the files screenshot.jpg, gameinfo.json, scene-objects.bin and global-objects.bin as these files are absolutely necessary for the game to function as intended.
Enter Launcher Options
The Launcher Options in the Steam client might be in need of a little adjustment. Here is how to do so.
- Launch Steam and go to Games Library.
- Right-click Subnautica and select Properties.
- Now select Set Launch Options.
- Enter the following command:
- Click Apply | OK.