The Memory_ Management error message is seen along with a Blue screen, and it can be a very disturbing problem.
In this article, we will discuss a few tricks to resolve the notorious Memory_ Management error.
This error pops up in Windows 10 along with the Blue Screen of Death, also known as BSOD. The simple most solution in this scenario is to generally solve this error by restarting your computer. If the error message still persists, there are a few other advanced steps you need to perform. Let’s jump right into them without any further ado.
Run SFC Scanner
SFC is a native Windows tool designed by Microsoft to resolve various kinds of system problems, including the one under discussion. And it is quite adept at resolving this error as many users have certified that this problem didn’t go away even after restarting their computer several times, but SFC undid it within minutes. Given below are the steps for running this command:
- Click the start button, type CMD in the Search Box.
- Open Command Prompt from the Search Results.
- Enter sfc/ scannow in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
- Patiently wait for the process to be over as it might take a while.
Running Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
In case the last method didn’t work out, you can launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to check whether something is wrong with your computer’s RAM. If this is the case indeed, you will have to replace the RAM. Here is how you can run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Search for memory in the Search Box located on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Diagnose your computer’s memory problems from the Search Results.
- Select Restart now and check for problems.
- Once the computer reboots it will automatically launch the scan.
- The computer will restart once again after the scan is over.
If an issue is found with the RAM, you will need to replace it. Alternatively, you can send back your computer to the manufacturer if it’s under warranty.
Erase System Junk
This is one of those areas which aren’t given due importance by users, but they have the potential to quickly snowball into a gigantic issue if it is too late. Simple traces of junk in the computer caused by everyday usage, web junk, program installation files, log files and a whole lot of files are being generated on almost a daily basis. You need to periodically scan your system for junk and sweep it clean. If it gets out of hand for too long, this issue can have disastrous consequences. Also, sort out the Windows Registry time to time. This is a very sensitive area and it is not at all advisable to manually tinker with it unless you absolutely know what you’re doing. It is better to use a purpose built software like RegInOut System Utilities to sort out the Registry as well as System Junk.